Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fast and Spurious


I've become more interested in bettering my running speed recently. Now that my hypochondriac doctor has proven, much to his chagrin, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my heart, I am determined to push it as hard as I can. This is proving to be extremely interesting; my times are indeed getting consistently faster on my daily 10km runs. Where I used to do that distance in around 57 minutes every day, I now consistently go under 53 minutes and actually hit 52:04 last week.
Which proves that there are infinite angles to keep running interesting. Anyone who uses the excuse that running is boring has problems to address. They need to develop their introspective skills for one thing. they also need to become more observant since running pretty much anywhere provides a buffet for the visual senses. And they simply need to think more creatively and go right back to the basics. We run because we can and because we were made to do so.

No comments: