Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stronger By the Day

Today didn't start out great. My back felt like hell when I woke up, undoubtedly because I haven't had the courage to sleep on my stomach yet post-surgery, and that's my preferred sleeping position. And I was tired.



I dragged myself out of bed, made my outlaw omelette, and went to the mall for my daily walk with my mother. Today's walk was the best yet. I actually felt comfortable, no dizziness or exhaustion whatsoever, and body temperature was higher. I almost started sweating, whereas yesterday I was still quite cold despite coat, toque, scarf, mitts... inside the mall, remember.



The mall walk is quite entertaining. Stores were just beginning to open, so there were a few people around. The crowd around the mall ice rink was pretty big, which makes sense since it is a Saturday. It was also a good opportunity to catch up on mother's gossip.



So now I feel quite good, have been at 100% all morning. I ate a pretty subatantial lunch, caught up with emails, published an article on the work website, caught up on news, and cleaned up around the house a bit.

So my focus is on making the most of these daily walks, being ready for the time that running becomes an option. I know, must take it easy, but I'm feeling much more comfortable with the idea of running Around the Bay. Completion of that race would be the sole goal; time won't matter in the slightest. I want that medal.

No comments: