Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

I think I could sit and listen to Bob Dylan all day. Hell, I might in fact do just that. The dog looks content. He's licking his paws, settling down for a nap, eyes getting heavy. Sun is shining. Looks cold but less than hostile outside. This is indeed the life.



I haven't really kicked back like this on a weekday in a very long time. Usually we're travelling on vacation, so the days are full of things to do and see. Days of doing nothing are necessary. There is, after all, no way to fully appreciate Bob when you are preoccupied with other tasks or thoughts.

This neighbourhood is pretty quiet on a weekday. Almost no traffic in or out of the circle. I don' think I would like to have a living room that faces the back yard; it's better to be looking out at the street, even if nothing seems to be happening.

Restless again. Gonna watch a movie. One that I've seen before. Kid has my library card and won't be home until 10:30 tonight.

No comments: